Looking to save money while you shop? Amazon Prime Day is just around the corner and I’ll tell you all you need to know to make the most of the 48-hour shopping holiday. It’s Amazon, so it’s bound to be huge! Ready to find out?
Let’s break it down!
*Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. Affiliate links come at no extra cost to you. These links allow me to share the products I authentically recommend (and use) and support Wild for Nature by receiving a small commission.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
An enormous online shopping event on Amazon, that’s exclusive to Amazon Prime members with incredible deals and discounts that allow you to save a ton of money while getting all you need.
This year, the Prime day kicks off on 15 July right after midnight and lasts until the end of 16 July: a whole 48 hours!
How can I make the most of Amazon Prime Day?
A few things to keep in mind:
- You need to be Amazon Prime member
- Prepare a list of things you want and need to avoid buying things you don’t really need
- Splurge on the best deals you need and otherwise wouldn’t get (Alexa related products, Fire TV products, camera equipment, a futuristic toothbrush, and other deals)
- Download the Amazon App for easy access (see more below)
Where are the deals available?
Amazon Prime isn’t strictly limited to the US territory. Its deals are available to Prime members in various countries all over the world: Canada, Mexico, the UK, Japan, India, Italy, Germany, China, France, Belgium, Austria, Australia, Singapore, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and the United Arab Emirates.
How to sign up for Amazon Prime?
You can get a FREE 30 day trial of Amazon Prime HERE. Sign up for the trial BEFORE the Amazon Prime Day. With this free subscription, you have access to all the deals available during the 48 hours. But, once your 30-day free trial is over, Amazon will automatically renew the membership and charge $119 for the next year. If that’s something you don’t want, cancel the subscription (it’s very easy) before the 30 days are up. However, if you’re a regular on Amazon, it’s something worth looking into as it’s totally worth it!
Have you used and canceled the free trial in the past 12 months?
Don’t worry! No, you’re not qualified for another free trial, but you have the option to sign up for Prime month to Month. That’ll cost you $12.99 and you can still participate in Prime Day and enjoy Prime benefits for a whole month! You’ll get FREE two-day shipping, unlimited reading, music streaming, and FREE same day delivery.
Get a free $10 Amazon credit if you download and use Amazon Prime App for the very first time. You‘ll receive an additional $10 credit when you make your first in-App purchase! You can create a watchlist with your most wanted products.
The benefits of Amazon Prime Membership
- Free shipping
- Exclusive deals and offers to save money
- Share your Prime membership with your family: make a teen or an adult a part of Amazon Household (with no additional cost) and let them enjoy the deals as well!
- If you’re in for the technology, many items come with monthly payments without fees or interest!
- Amazon devices are the best items to buy on Prime Day (Kindle and Alexa + Echo items) as well as Alexa specials, Fire TV, and a few others
- Watch a Deal allows you to track the deals you’re looking to buy with the Amazon App
- New products exclusively for Prime members
- Look out for Prime Day Deals badge on certain products
- Get a preview of deals before they start and get notified when they start (by heading to your Amazon App)
What deals can you expect?
We’ll assume that you’ve already signed up for the FREE 30-day Amazon Prime trial. Here’s what you can do with it:
1. Prime Day Hub
Visit the Prime Day hub, where you can find various categories with different sales, low prices, and offers. According to previous experience, they post a new deal every few minutes or so during Prime Day.
2. Deal of the Day
You can also expect a Deal of the Day category, where they’ll post sales you want to keep an eye out for. There’s also limited-time offers that end in minutes.
3. Prime Early Access
What’s more, you can expect Prime Early Access. That means Amazon gives Prime members 30-minute early access to deals. Still, the deals are only available while the supplies last. You can follow those deals with the Amazon App, you can sign up for alerts and follow certain deals to get notifications ahead of time. That way you don’t miss out on the best deals!
4. Amazon Coupons
Look out for Amazon Coupons, clip them and you’ll see the amount deducted from the total when you check out.
5. Kindle Unlimited subscription
Because I know there are quite a few bookworms among you, why not make the most of it! If you’re a Prime member, you can join Kindle Unlimited for FREE for THREE months before 31 July.
6. Amazon Family subscription
Try Amazon Family 30-day FREE trial; you can save 20% on diaper subscriptions, get exclusive coupons, Baby Registry benefits and much more.
That’s the overview of how to get started and what to expect. You can easily get very good deals during the sales if you plan a bit and follow the deals and products you want to grab.
What deals do you want to see when the Black July sales begin? Let me know in the comments below!