Hello, there! I’m thrilled you decided to give your skin a chance and join the WfN community! You can find numerous helpful articles on skincare issues, along with hundreds of DIY recipes for all levels of experience and issues! But navigating the website can be tricky so I’ve created a little guide to help you get started!
WE'LL TALK ABOUT..
TACKLING SKIN PROBLEMS WITH KNOWLEDGE
There are four major areas when it comes to skincare issues that I’ve been dealing with: anti-aging, skin-tightening, stretch marks and scars, and acne-prone and oily skin. These have been my primary concern because I struggle with these same issues; some I’ve managed to minimize, others continue to be a struggle (yeah, those wrinkles!).
Because I strive to heal my skin naturally and with products that I know, understand (and make), and trust, I have compiled a number of detailed guides to help you deal with your skin issues too! If you’re not a DIYer, you can find appropriate products listed in the articles below; the ones I’ve tried and tested. If you’re a DIYer and want to make them yourself, see the next section where I share DIY recipes that target specific skin issues.
- 30+ Scientifically-backed remedies for stretch marks
- Dry-Brushing for Cellulite: I’ve tried it for 3 weeks!
- Best vegan collagen skin supplements: are they effective?
- Best anti-aging carrier oils for your skin
- Is argan oil really good for acne and acne scars?
- A list of 20+ natural oils that are safe for oily skin
- Rosehip seed oil for acne scars: how effective is it?
- 20 Best Anti-Aging Skincare Ingredients + Products (Backed By Science)
TACKLING SKIN PROBLEMS WITH DIY
If you’re determined to take control of your skin and upgrade your knowledge and the products you’re using, I encourage you to have a look at the following recipes on different skin issues. Some of these are excellent for beginners too, some are already more advanced and require a bit of experience before you get started.
- 10 Bentonite Clay face masks for any skin type
- DIY Patchouli skin-firming body butter
- The ultimate DIY lotion for skin tightening (and cellulite)
- Rose and green tea hyaluronic facial mist
- Hibiscus and green tea skin tightening face mask
EXTENSIVE BEAUTY KNOWLEDGE BASE
This section focuses on different types of ingredients that are in some way beneficial for the skin. Here, I cover different ingredients that are common in the beauty world.
You can find different product, their benefits and uses in this section!
- Rosewater: what is it and do you really need it?
- Top 8 hemp seed skin benefits
- Mango butter skin benefits
- Chia seed oil: is it any good?
- Pink Himalayan salt scrub benefits: detox naturally
- Guide to oil cleansing method
- White kaolin clay skin benefits: the gentle option for skin cleansing
- Bentonite clay benefits: a cleansing powder for oily skin
- Murumuru butter for healthy skin and hair
- Benefits of buriti oil: an exotic fountain of youth
ESSENTIAL OILS: HOLISTIC APPROACH TO DIY
All who’re interested in essential oils but don’t know where or how to begin, this is the section where you can find useful tips, best essential oil brands, complete guides, and tips on how to use them safely in homemade skincare.
All of the info is free and here for you to learn and use that knowledge to make the most from every little bottle of essential oil you have at home!
- Best essential oil brands
- How to mix essential oils with carrier oils safely
- How to heal sore throat with essential oils
- Best essential oils for sunburn
- Anti-aging and essential oils: how does it work?
DIY BASICS: RESOURCES FOR ALL THE CRAFTY ONES
Are you here because you’re interested in DIY skincare but don’t know how to get started? This section is for you! By now, you’re probably starting to understand the philosophy behind WFN: you learn information that you can then use in your personal life whether you’re a DIYer, a beauty enthusiast, or someone looking for a natural solution to their problems!
Here, you can find step by step instructions for beginners!
- How to make customized body butter?
- A step-by-step guide to lotion making at home: you can do it too!
- A complete list of carrier oils with benefits, uses, and recipes
- Do you really need preservatives in DIY skincare?
- How safe are natural oils as sunscreen?
FUN DIY: CREATE BECAUSE YOU’RE CURIOUS AND CREATIVE
For those who’re interested in homemade skincare, have already certain ingredients, and want to make more, I encourage you to head over to the recipe section of the blog and discover a recipe or two that’ll spark your interest.
If you’re feeling particularly creative and want to save money with DIYing while learning about new ingredients into more detail, have a look at the next section, which I designed specifically for people who prefer the practical approach with ingredients and recipes in bulk!
- Shower steamers
- De-puffing rose facial mist
- Shimmering body butter
- Tinted vegan lip balm
- Shimmering body oil
- Cocoa body mousse recipe
- DIY micellar water recipe
- Relaxing sweet almond massage oil
RECIPE SERIES: BUDGET-FRIENDLY APPROACH TO DIY
Homemade skin care can be an expensive hobby if you’re completely new to it. That’s why I decided to create a helpful guide that would enable you to create skincare recipes on a budget.
How does it work? Each series consists of a couple of recipes (normally 6) that are all made with the same ingredients. that way you save money (as you’re not buying something you won’t really use), learn into more detail how different ingredients work, and test things you otherwise may not have the courage or will to do!
What’s more, you can get a complete series with recipes, a shopping guide, and detailed tips on ingredients, substitutions, and bonus recipes on my Buy Me Coffee account for a smallish fee. That way, you get a detailed insight into the ingredients we’re using and access to a private WfN page with questions, queries, and comments from other DIYers!
Some of the recipes from the series include:
- Lotion body butter bars
- Shower steamers
- Hemp and shea creamy cleansing balm
- Gentle geranium facial moisturizer
Since I have some gentlemen that visit this blog regularly, it is only right that part of it is dedicated to you, guys! Here’ you can find a couple of guides and DIY recipes you can make for yourself. If you want more, feel free to contact me; I love hearing from all of you and would be thrilled to see what you’d like to know more about!